Franciscan Action Circle
Through the national Franciscan Action Network, community members can join in the Casa’s “Franciscan Action Circle” to help promote Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation in Arizona. The Franciscan Action Circle strives to work cooperatively with likely and unlikely allies in ways that move Arizona public policy toward Franciscan values. It meets monthly as a coalition of concerned citizens to address public policy matters and reflect upon new or pending legislation.
Inquire by contacting Rosemarie LeClercq at fan(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)thecasa.org
Franciscan Action Circle members:
- Are concerned about climate justice, immigration, human trafficking, money in politics and peacemaking
- Participate in ongoing education about Franciscan values in relation to national policy
- Develop skills to enlarge the group’s effectiveness when advocating policy change
- Learn ways to communicate Franciscan messages to the media
- Visit elected officials or their staff to develop relationships in order to educate lawmakers
FAN welcomes people who are involved in or would like to be trained in advocacy skills.
The group meets on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm.
Volunteer with this ministry: