Center for Leadership Wellness Seminar
Essential Skills for Successful Nonprofit Leadership (“Survival School” leadership skills training)
Every successful organization has this in common: people with the skills to lead and motivate others toward a common mission. If you are ready to be one of those people, the Leadership Skills Seminar is ready to help.
These five days will fly by as you learn these skills and the basic theories that make them so effective:
- Interviewing, placement, training, evaluation
- Developing a job description that actually works
- Choosing from a repertoire of leadership styles
- Managing conflict while building trust
- Ethical use of power and influence
- Becoming an effective manager
- Building a collaborative team, and being a better member of one
- Maintaining your own personal health and growth as a leader
The Leadership Skills Seminar originated with non-profit organizations in mind, but offers tools that every leader can use in any context. Whether you manage volunteers or paid staff — or both — you’ll have the tools to be a better leader on Friday than you were when you arrived on Monday.
Check–in for the Workshop from 3:00 – 4:00 pm on Monday, followed by instruction and course work from 4:00 – 8:30 pm. Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Pre-registration required. Discounts up to 40% for multiple registrations from a single organization.
Who should come?
Non-Profit Directors, Volunteer Coordinators, Faith Leaders, Pastors, Associate Pastors, Program Directors, Youth Ministers, Professional Church Staff, Educators, Administrators, Music Ministers, Music Directors, Elders, Deacons or anyone who wants to be a more effective leader at their work or in their life.