Casa Veterans Ministry
Purpose: The purpose of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to respond to the spiritual and emotional needs of service members, veterans and their families offering a welcoming and compassionate environment.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to take concrete actions to assist service members, veterans and their families with healing and education programs, and with events and services designed to support their spiritual and emotional needs.
Project Areas1. Healing of Memories: We offer Healing of Memories Workshops for veterans and service members. We partner with the Institute for Healing of Memories to bring these to Arizona. Click here to read more.
2. St. Francis Retreats: We offer St. Francis Retreats, which are designed to offer healing insights from one of the most beloved but misunderstood saints. Click here to read more.
- St. Francis: Journey of a Wounded Warrior Retreat
- Beyond Wounded Warrior Retreat: The Journey to Mind, Body and Spirit. Fall 2018 retreat date to be determined.
- Veterans Pilgrimage We also partner with the Franciscan Pilgrimage Office which annually takes veterans on a 9 day healing journey to Assisi and Rome, Italy. The 2019 trip, from May 23-31 explores the life of St. Francis of Assisi who was a soldier affected by combat. If you are interested in supporting a veteran, please contact Dean at casaveteransministry(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)thecasa.org.
3. St. Joseph Baskets for Homeless Veterans: Donations are accepted for the St. Joseph Baskets – a welcome basket that includes kitchen, bedroom and bathroom supplies for recently housed homeless veterans. Click here to read more.
4. Moral Injury Education: We provide educational opportunities for the community to understand moral injury/moral repair. Ministry members have done presentation to Mesa Police Department, local emergency medical service (EMS) providers, and homeless and housing providers. Click here to read more.
5. Community Engagement: We offer a variety of events to bring veterans together with each other and with our civilian community. This includes Vets Reconnect, Veterans Day Picnic, Memorial Day Rosary and Veterans Day Stations of the Cross. Click here to read more.
The Casa Veterans Ministry was featured in an article in in November addition of the St. Anthony Messenger Magazine. Click here to read the article.
Two of our signature retreats, Healing of Memories for Veterans and St. Francis : Journey of a Wounded Warrior, were featured in the August 2017 issues of Combat Stress magazine (stress.org). See pp 25-55. Click here.
Thank you to following organizations who have partnered with or supported our work with veterans.SaveSave