Casa Veterans Ministry
Purpose: The purpose of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to respond to the spiritual and emotional needs of service members, veterans and their families offering a welcoming and compassionate environment.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to take concrete actions to assist service members, veterans and their families with healing and education programs, and with events and services designed to support their spiritual and emotional needs.
1. Healing of Memories: We offer Healing of Memories Workshops for veterans and service members. We partner with the Institute for Healing of Memories to bring these to Arizona.
2. St. Francis Retreats: We offer St. Francis Retreats, which are designed to offer healing insights from one of the most beloved but misunderstood saints.
We partner with the Franciscan Pilgrimage Program Office which takes veterans on a healing journey to Assisi and Rome, Italy. See
3. St. Joseph Baskets for Homeless Veterans: Donations are accepted for the St. Joseph Baskets – a welcome basket that includes kitchen, bedroom and bathroom supplies for recently housed homeless veterans. Click HERE for the informational brochure.
4. Moral Injury Education: We provide educational opportunities for the community to understand moral injury/moral repair.
5. Community Engagement: We offer a variety of events to bring veterans together with each other and with our civilian community. This includes Vets Reconnect, Veterans Day Picnic, Memorial Day Rosary and Veterans Day Stations of the Cross.