Memorial Day 2020. Due to the COVID19 Pandemic, we have altered how we do our Memorial Day Rosary. See the information below.
Memorial Day Prayers. On Memorial Day, May 25, let us be mindful and prayerful of the cost paid for our liberty by those who served. In remembrance of those who have died, the Casa Veterans Ministry and Rosary Group will be collecting the names of deceased veterans who will be prayed for on Monday, May 25 at 6 pm. If you would like to submit the name of a deceased veteran, please email the name, rank (if known) and branch of service (if known, e.g., Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force or Coast Guard) to casaveteransministry(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com. Example: Please pray for Corporal Henry Smith, US Army. Please send in your memorial by Sunday, May 24, 2020. Where to participate: You are invited to join the
Virtual Rosary on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25th at 6:00 pm where these prayers will be read. To join on your computer, click here (if it asks for a meeting ID, enter: jgpeck). To join by phone, call 425.436.6340; access code 450642#.
Casa Veterans Ministry
Purpose: The purpose of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to respond to the spiritual and emotional needs of service members, veterans and their families offering a welcoming and compassionate environment.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Casa Veterans Ministry is to take concrete actions to assist service members, veterans and their families with healing and education programs, and with events and services designed to support their spiritual and emotional needs.
Fr. Michael Lapsley meets Pope Francis.
1. Healing of Memories: We offer Healing of Memories Workshops for veterans and service members. Upcoming workshop dates are: May 15-17, 2020 and October 23-25, 2020. We partner with the Institute for Healing of Memories to bring these to Arizona. Click here to read more.
2. St. Francis Retreats: We offer St. Francis Retreats, which are designed to offer healing insights from one of the most beloved but misunderstood saints. Click here to read more.
- A Resilient Warrior’s Journey Forward Retreat (formerly called the Beyond a Wounded Warrior Retreat) – March 6-8, 2020. Register here.
- St. Francis: Journey of a Resilient Warrior Retreat – April 17-19, 2020. (Registration link coming soon).
- Veterans Pilgrimage We also partner with the Franciscan Pilgrimage Office which annually takes veterans on a 9 day healing journey to Assisi and Rome, Italy. Their will be two pilgrimages offered in 2020 from May 21-29 or from June 4-12. These will explore the life of St. Francis of Assisi who was a soldier and a POW affected by combat. If you are interested in supporting a veteran, please contact Dean Pedrotti at casaveteransministry(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)thecasa.org.
3. St. Joseph Baskets for Homeless Veterans: Donations are accepted for the St. Joseph Baskets – a welcome basket that includes kitchen, bedroom and bathroom supplies for recently housed homeless veterans. Click here to read more.
4. Moral Injury Education: We provide educational opportunities for the community to understand moral injury/moral repair. Ministry members have done presentation to several first-responder agencies in the state, health care professional and clergy/ military chaplains, local homeless and housing providers. Click here to read more.
5. Community Engagement: We offer a variety of events to bring veterans together with each other and with our civilian community. This includes Vets Reconnect, Veterans Day Picnic, Memorial Day Rosary and Veterans Day Stations of the Cross. Click here to read more.
The Casa Veterans Ministry was featured in an article in in November addition of the St. Anthony Messenger Magazine. Click here to read the article.
Two of our signature retreats, Healing of Memories for Veterans and St. Francis : Journey of a Wounded Warrior, were featured in the August 2017 issue of Combat Stress magazine (stress.org). See pp 25-55. Click here.
Thank you to following organizations who have partnered with or supported our work with veterans.SaveSave