Faith, Families, Francis and Fun!
The Catholic Church recognizes that parents are the first and primary educators of the faith. Connections to faith begin and are reinforced at home as children model the behavior of those around them.
Family Catechesis is a faith formation model that supports parents and children in their spiritual growth. Our job is to provide you with the tools and support to raise your children in the faith. This process provides you with an opportunity to meet other parents, to learn and grow through activities with your children and for your child to create friends and community.
Here is what Family Catechesis looks like:
- Faith formation for families with children ages pre-k – grade 8
- Parents and students meet once a month on Sunday mornings.
- Included are retreats, service opportunities, lectionary and faith based activities in class and for home.
- Younger grades (pre-k – 3) learn thru Godly Play where children discover who God is through the principles of storytelling and the Montessori Method.
- Grades 4-6, Friends of Francis, continue their faith formation by attending Family Catechesis along with a second monthly session focusing on growing in faith through hands on learning, service and social interactions.
- Junior High Youth Ministry for grades 7/8 provides a safe and fun place for students to grow in faith and build community. Led by James Whitaker, our Youth Minister, and team, this group meets twice a month with the first meeting as part of Family Catechesis.
Join us as we gather once a month to learn more about our faith and relationship in Christ. Topics focus on the Gospel and/or the Liturgical season. The format includes age-appropriate breakouts (including middle school and parents too!), hands-on learning, family activities, prayer, music, guest speakers and the secret ingredient – fun!
Calendar 2017 – 18
Sessions are held at either 8:30 am or 10:30 am on Sunday mornings unless otherwise indicated. Note that these are new times!
Aug. 6 Family Catechesis & Youth Ministry Open House!
Join us after every Mass in the Hospitality area.
Register and meet some of our catechists.
Aug. 27th Welcome Celebration and First Session
Sept. 11 Families First! New Family Orientation Retreat! (12:15-3:00 pm)
Sept. 11 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
Sept. 24 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
Sat. Sept. 30 Francis Spaghetti Dinner after the 5 pm Mass
Oct. 9 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
Oct. 29 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
Nov. 6 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
Nov. 26 Family Advent Retreat for all families (12:15-3:00pm)
Dec. 4 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
Dec. 17 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
Jan. 8 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
Jan. 28 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
Feb. 4 Family Catechesis Teaching Mass
Feb. 25 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
March 18 Family Holy Week Retreat Time TBD
April 22 Family Catechesis & Junior High Youth Group
May 7 Friends of Francis/Junior High Youth group meeting
May 20 Family Catechesis Pentecost celebration!
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016-17 PROGRAM YEAR IS NOW AVAILABLE!
To begin a new registration online, click the button below:
Use the form below to inquire with Director Patty Tafolla about any further questions you may have. You can also call her at 480.948.7460, ext.154.
Faith at Church and at Home
We encourage families to attend church together. Whether you have a newborn or teen, all are welcome!
Casa Children’s Celebration is offered at 9:15 am on Sundays. This Liturgy of the Word program gives children ages 3 1/2 and up the opportunity to hear the Sunday readings with an age-appropriate interpretation, discussion and activity.
The Casa also offers weekly Faith Lessons at Home that families can enjoy together at home to grow in faith. These can be found in the weekly bulletin on the Family Catechesis page or in our Faith, Families, Francis and Fun website. Information on sacrament preparation, family activities, parent page and more can be found on the website.